My baby daughter looks nothing like my hubby and I wish she did

She is 6 months and she looks just like me with her beautiful brown eyes. When I was pregnant and found out I was having a girl I prayed to God she would look just like her daddy he has beautiful green eyes and I fantized about my little girl with her daddy's looks I was convinced she was going too look like him so much so that I was disappointed when she was born :-/ I hate the way I look and I didn't want my daughter to feel the same about herself. I know I'm a horrible person, nobody knows about this in fact I take pride for looks in front of people but deep inside I feel really sad. My family and friends do not know I have a low selfsteem, I've never complained with anyone I cry alone, please how can I change my way of thinking so I don't pass this horriable feeling to my beautiful baby girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• By the way...yoiur husband fell in love with you, didn't he? IOf your selkf-image was truth, either his gorgeous green eyes are BLIND of are the front of a stupid brain.

What, that's NOT true? Then neither is that self-image of you. He married YOU. Not some green eyed chick. He's happy with YOU. Remember that the next time you talk yourself down.

--from a brown-eyed sister!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Start changing the way you think about yourself before she's old enough to pick up on it and it becomes a sort of vicious cycle. Be happy with what God gave you and your daughter.
    Anonymous

• shes only 6months her eye color can change.....lover her for who she is and what she looks like
    Anonymous

• GOD made HER the way he wanted! which is BEAUTIFUL!! how could you be disapointed??????? raise HER with self confidence!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Other woman are PRAYING to God to give her a child I'm sure THEY wouldn't be DISAPOINTED!!!! THAT'S SAD! those woman would be HAPPY with ANY child!
    Anonymous

• You said she looks just like you with her beautiful brown eyes, so why are you so insecure??? Can you honestly say you are that obsessed with looks that you think your daughter is ugly? I'm sorry but looks are not everything and I seriously doubt you look at your daughter and think about how ugly she is, and if you do, you need help.
    Anonymous

• Have you seen a counselor? You really really should...it's the BEST gift you can EVER give her.

For future babies...50% chance of chocolate brown eyes. 37.5% chance of green eyes, 12.5% chance of blue eyes.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2010