how to learn to read for children

my son is 3 year and 2month old .i want him to be a good reader .But i need the books wich can attract this age kids and make them love to read and easy to start reading .In short if some one know name of such books so i can buy them for my son.i will be thankfull

hadia

Asked by hadia at 8:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i would say any Dr. Suess book would be good..he would like the rhymes and pictures
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My daughter likes the Little Quake series, so far she only has Little Quack Counts. But, it helps my daughter if I read it to her and point at the words with an animated voice. It also seems to help if she gets to choose which book we read together. She's going to be 3 on May 23 and she's starting to get the pointing and reading thing. I think it has a lot to do with the types of things he likes, like finding things (I spy), rhyming (Dr. Seuss), dogs (the spot books). Oh and the show Supper Why seems to help too.
    jvann1

Answer by jvann1 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• There's a book called "How to Get your child to love reading" by Esme Codell. It have lots of ideas on how to accomplish just this. It also has lists of great books for kids. I'd also just pick books that have topics of interest to your child. Go to the library or bookstore and let him pick. Just be careful not to push too hard, you may drive your child away from reading..
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• There is a set of books called the BOB books that you can get at most any bookstore. They are REALLY easy books that begin with like one word per page in the first set.

Help him sound things out by just writing them down and showing him how to put the sounds together. Start with word families like cat, hat, bat, mat. . . . dog, log, bog, etc. That way, he can see the pattern and begin to really make sense of the words.
    0123456

Answer by 0123456 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Go to a public library and ask the librarian. you can try the books out (for free) before you decide to buy them. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Try the web site Preschoolprepco.com. It has books cds flashcards colorbooks, it teaches about nunbers, colors, site words and more. I found an article on it in Parents mag. for this month.
    BellTwinsMom

Answer by BellTwinsMom at 3:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2010