is it true...down there?

can u get infections "down there" if ur married and are only sleeping with ur partner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Health

• Infections or STDs? Cuz you cannot get an STD unless someone isn't being faithful.
    Anonymous

• Yes. There are plenty of infections that aren't related to sex that can occur in the vagina.

Yeast and bacteria can get out of balance because of diet, allergies, stress, etc. You can get bacterial infections like staph, strep, and many others from the environment and they can present in the vagina. Also, some people carry an infection for a long time and don't have symptoms.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Some STD'd lay dorment too. If either of you had any partners before you could have contracted something long ago and not noticed. Most std's don't even have symptoms for guys.

And yeast infections can happen to anyone anytime. If you get them often try cutting sugar from your diet.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• yup and even more if your partner is sleeping or getting bjs from others
    Anonymous

• op here..........
    i've been having constant discharge for the last 3 weeks its been watery, sort of smelly (not all the time though but 75% of time) and very bad back pain. the colour of the discharge within the first week was a very faint brown and since then it has been completely clear.
    i have the contraceptive implanon in my arm....anyways since putting it in on 27th jan 2010 i had one period on 10th feb that was extremely heavy and lasted about 10 days but haven't had any bleeding since then.
    well the doctor said that because the discharge was originally light brown then it is probably my period being very light as a result of the contraceptive which can impact periods.
    anyways that just didn't sound right to me so i asked her if it could possibly be some sort of infection to which she replied...."u're in a married relationship ......so unless one of u are playing around then.....no its not"
    Anonymous

• well your dr.s response sounds crazy to me...these other ladies are completely correct...I must ask though, for the most part do you like the implanon as far as feelings and weight gain or lack of and all that...i really want to get it!
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes, many women will get infections for different reasons. Bacterial and yeast infections are really common, especially with hormone changes. I got bacterial infections when I was pregnant. Virgins can get infections, so the doctor sounds like an idiot.
    Anonymous

• jocelynsmama1: to be honest i don't really have a problem with the implanon since u mentioned weight gain i just realized that i haven't lost any weight (desperately trying though) since i've the implanon in!!!.....
    i've had one long and heavy period (lasted 10 days) 3 weeks after i put the implanon in, but since then its been two months and no sign of any blood/periods :)
    i didn't like any of the other contraception and am pretty forgetful (the pill was definately not for me!) and being just 23 i thought this was the best option for me
    i hope all goes well for u
    Anonymous