Did your child flunk a grade?

At my daughter's school they hold you back if you can't pass their timed math test,don't you think that's unfair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• At my daughters school they wanted to move her on even though she didn't learn a thing. They say their policy is that you can only hold a kid back once k-12 so they would rather it be in a higher grade. I took her out of school to homeschool her and held her back. I don't need her to have a worthless diploma if she has no education to support it.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• THis is my son's second year of first grade. I'm was upset at first but this year he has excelled because he realizes his need to learn and do good. I would sit down and talk to the teacher find out if there she perhaps has a problem with just math or the whole timed thin may make her anxious. Find out why she is aving the problem and then work at home with the same types of problems so she doesn't get o jittery at test time.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 11:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2010