Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can i do?

how easy would it be for me to try to take custody of a relatives kids? This relative of mine sometimes drops her kids off with me for days at a time. She will tell me it will be for the night but wont show up for 2 or 3 days. This last time she was gone for 4 days. I know she stays high and parties a lot and i know its my fault for allowing this to go on but i just don't want to see her kids in a bad situation. I'm afraid they could get hurt or she would leave them with strangers. Is there anything i could do to try to get them. I feel like i'm being run over. I've tried talking to her and telling her to just sign them over to me and all she says is she would never let her kids go. She is never with them though.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • Call DCFS

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

  • Call CPS. Relatives always have first placement of the children. They will not take them from you. You should also be able to get kinship care for their support. She will have to clean up and do any other court ordered plan to get them back. If not they will terminate her rights and you can legally adopt them.

    Answer by BlooBird at 9:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

  • I agree with bloobird

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.