Little Tikes Power Quad

How old was your child when you got him/her one (if you have)? Would you buy LO one? I bought my daughter one for her first birthday and she loves it, but some family members feel the need to butt in and say that hubby and I are irresponsible for getting her a "dangerous" toy. It goes a whole 2 mph and its recommended age is 1.5-3yrs if you aren't familiar with it. It is also very light weight (under 10 pounds) and is very low to the ground..

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 9:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son absolutely loves his! He got it for his 1st birthday from his grandma and granpa. He has yet to get hurt on his so i would say its pretty safe if you ask me.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Make them learn to pedal a bike first, before getting them a toy that does all the work for them!!!!

Anonymous

• I would totally of gotten my dd one if we had the room for one! I think those are great!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Got one on Craigslist for $25 at Christmas time... DS2 was 22 mos old. We also got DS1 (6y/o) one that's bigger and goes faster (4-8 years) and DS2 likes playing on big brother's more than his own.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Anon- If this is an issue with thinking kids will be too fat or lazy, my daughter is more active then 90% of kids her age. She is just turning one and she climbs on everything and can already run. She spends at least one hour a day outside with her daddy and I. I don't see why a 4 wheeler would be an issue..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My MIL bought one for my daughter.... now at 5 she will not pedal her bike. Now she is not over weight, she is skinny as a rail, but she thinks the bike should do the work... not her!! Kids need to learn to crawl before they walk... pedal before they drive...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2010