Is this social anxiety? OR something else?

Ive always been shy. but in highschool my dad died. I started staying home for my mom alot & slowly it got to where even going to school bothered me- the symptom is my stomach always hurts- bad.
I went to get my first job. Interview was HELL. That is normal for butterflies. but 3mo later, i loved the job but daily my stomach just was in knots & id cry all the way to work... I worked 6mo & quit. I couldnt take it anymore. That was 6yrs ago :( Ive tried & droped out of college. Its hard to go anywhere alone without the stomach hurting..
Its all in my stomach .... and having the sense of needing to use the bathroom, (which yea i hate using the bathroom in public)...

What should i do? Anyone else been through this? I need to get a job. I need to go to college. I have a 3yo! I cant just do nothing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Health

• I used to feel the same way, and I know it was anxiety. I would get nervous or dread going somewhere to the point where my stomach would always hurt and I'd feel like I had to go to the bathroom. THEN, I would be scared I'd have to use a public bathroom, furthering the anxiety. I considered going on some form of medication, but eventually just told myself to "Get a grip!", and I meant it. And I did just that. I realized that my fears and anxiety were all in my head, and for nothing. Nothing I ever worried about ever happened. This was before I had kids, so I can only imagine how much harder it is for you, with a child. If you seriously feel like it's more than you can control, go to a doctor and discuss it with him/her. There is no reason for you to suffer from the anxiety or stomach pains.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• agoraphobia?
    Anonymous

• Thanks LovingSAHMommy.
    I do tell myself that often. I try to do things with dd as much as possible. I can (barely) handle doing things like going to the Dr. on occasion w/dd. Or going to the dentist. Library time, ect.. But I know I cant handle a DAILY task of getting a real job, attending a real college, ect...
    Im very worried right now, this weekend me, dh, dd & mil whom i love & adore but will cause my anxiety will be traveling for a few hours to meet with other family (inlaw)...boy it is going to be a tough day! but i gotta do it for my lil girl.. she loves the family we are going to see!
    Im also trying to lose weight, I think that will help because i am insecure about my weight.
    Anonymous