excessive blinking

My son has been blinking excessively for the past 4 days out of no where he has never done this b4, n there are moments where he does stop and we (his parents) wont talk about it in front of him, thinking that mayb if he heard us talkin about this new blinking thing he gonna start doing it more
i do have an appointment with his doctor this week n at the same time im trying to get him a eye docter appoinment as well.does anybody's child does the same thing or had the same thing and what happen afterwards?
thanks

parkslope

Asked by parkslope at 9:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • My sister's son did that for awhile when he was 2 1/2 or 3. They thought it might be allergies. They took him to the doctor and found nothing wrong. Eventually it stopped.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• wow ok i was thinking n hopeing its the same thing jus allergies, but im really praying for this to jus stop like your nephew.
    thank you for the infor
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 9:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My bet is it will stop on its own. My nephew did it too. I'd check with your doctor before going the eye doctor route. I'll bet it isn't actually an eye problem (i.e. it could be allergies or just a nervous habit). Kids at this age have lots of odd quirks that just go away on their own.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My daughter does the same thing, she does this hard blinking and a bunch of people have commented on it, it has been going on about a week now. I read online it could be dry eyes from allergies, but there are a few other things that could be wrong, i read it could be seizures or the start of tourettes, or it could be nothing. I am taking my daughter on friday to the dr to find out what is wrong. This isn't the first time its happened, it happened a year ago too. She was tested in the fall for allergies and didn't have any so i am just hoping that everything is okay. Good luck and i hope it is nothing with your son!
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 4:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• @melissa omg my son did da same last year as well he did it for about 2/3wks only n i forgot all about it but this time its goin on 3wks n i took him to his dr n to an eye doctor n they both said it was allergries....his eye doc give me meds (eye drops) but he gives me a hard time puttin them in n i need da help of this father but sometimes his father comes late from work n i end up not givin it to him cuz its bed time so i havent been on top of it....its been 4 days on n off da meds n he still does da excessive blinking sometime more times then others not when i come back from vaca i have to take him to an allergie doctor to see what type of allergies he has.well i hope ever thing is fine with your daughter n its jus allergies as well thats better then anything else lol
    good luck
    n thank u
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 8:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• parkslope i am so sorry i am just reading this! I took her to the eye dr and nothing is wrong with her eyes and actually she has stopped doing it, she was tested last fall for allergies and doesn't have any so i knew it wasn't that. But it was just so wierd that a week after we went to the eye dr it stopped. So i guess i dont have to worry about it anymore lol. Good luck with your son!
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 7:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2010