excessive blinking

My son has been blinking excessively for the past 4 days out of no where he has never done this b4, n there are moments where he does stop and we (his parents) wont talk about it in front of him, thinking that mayb if he heard us talkin about this new blinking thing he gonna start doing it more
i do have an appointment with his doctor this week n at the same time im trying to get him a eye docter appoinment as well.does anybody's child does the same thing or had the same thing and what happen afterwards?
thanks

parkslope

Asked by parkslope at 9:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Health

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • I don't have a kid that has done this, but it could be a tick. Kind of like a nervous tick but not because of nerves. It's actually a really mild form of tourettes.

My daughter had a cough, they were sure it was asthma but turns out, it's her tick. They say she'll out grow it. It went away but came back for a little bit after a cold, now it seems to be gone again. The neurologist said we could put her on anti-seizure meds if it gets really bad and inhibits anything she is doing.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:44 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• @heatheryn im gonna look into the tick thing but im really hopeing its not even a mild form of tourettes
    thank you on da info you have given me
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 10:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2010