excessive blinking

My son has been blinking excessively for the past 4 days out of no where he has never done this b4, n there are moments where he does stop and we (his parents) wont talk about it in front of him, thinking that mayb if he heard us talkin about this new blinking thing he gonna start doing it more
i do have an appointment with his doctor this week n at the same time im trying to get him a eye docter appoinment as well.does anybody's child does the same thing or had the same thing and what happen afterwards?
thanks

parkslope

Asked by parkslope at 9:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • My 3 yr old had the same thing!!! But....he just all of a sudden stopped. We went to the eye doc and pediatrician. Neither had an answer, but said not to worry. About a month later...he stopped. Now, I think maybe it was just an over-excited action he did. Like where he would be rush rush rush, play play play, and it was his nerves' way of reacting to catch up. (Just my ... make myself feel better answer to what it was). I was so scared he had Terrettes or something (maternal side of family I have a cousin that has this) But no worries for now. He no longer blinks like that. Hope this helps!!! :-)
    Anonymous

• My friends brother did it. The doctor just said it was a nervous tic. He still does it occasionally, but, not nearly as much.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• wow...my son was just doing that this morning. I noticed it as i was taking him to school. When i asked him about it he told me that if you think you have something in your eye you should blink a lot to try to get it out. So i think the teachers may have told him this so that he isnt rubbing his fingers in his eyes. Maybe someone told your kid the same thing
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• @anonymous thank you for your info im hopeing it stop as well n waiting for this appointment to see what his doc say
    but most of all what im really hopeing its NOT what u said terrettes or anything like that.im glad your son stop jus prayin my son will too
    thank you again
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 9:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• @bradenlsmyson omg my son is only 4yrs old im hopeing this doesnt stay with him as an adult, but thank u on the info ill b lookin into that

@shay1130 ive asked him many and different reason why he keeps blinking but he's not really giving me an answer, n i asked his teacher as well she told me to go to the eye doc for that. im i have to rule out what your son told you but thank you again on the info you have given me
    parkslope

Answer by parkslope at 9:57 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• My husband's Best Friend has a daughter that was doing that all the time as a young girl and after some testing it turned out to be a type of seizure she was having...Don't rule it out, if you have good insurance ask for further testing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2010