Is there such a thing as too much merchandise in a store?

artC1s

Asked by artC1s at 9:49 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Shopping

• there is such a thing as too much clutter. I usually love some of the items a see at places like Ross or Burlington Coat Factory but i get overwhelmed hunting for them and usually get fed up and leave. I would rather shop somewhere with stuff in order.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• yes. I hate when fixtures are too close together and you can't get through. Hear me KOHLS!!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:53 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i love Khols!!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• or kohls...
    shay1130

• chyeah. theres some stores you can't get an umbrella stroller through, let alone a DOUBLE! think of anyone who needs extra space, eh? people in wheelchairs have no luck in some stores.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I can't shop in stores that won't accomodate my double stroller. The absolute worst is Gymboree, and that just makes no sense to me at all. I would shop for clothes for my kids there, but I can't get my stroller to the back of the store where the baby items are. I think this one is just because the store itself is way too small.

As for too much actual merchandise, i have to agree with Ross and Burlington and places like those. I don't have ten hours to try to find what I want or need, so I just don't go there.
    Anonymous

• I would say Ross or Marshalls. I work for Marshalls. We get new merchandise like every other day and there is literally NO more room to put anything. Everything's been squished and squished till it can't be anymore. I think our store looks like shit (they recently remodeled) Their trying to make it look like a place you would see at the mall and it's just ridiculous. There is a Ross next store and it is worse than our store. They never clean it up, whereas we're not allowed to leave until everything is picked up off the floor.
    Anonymous

• I hate if they are crowded or just have too much of one thing. Hear me Macy's please down size your massive amounts of women's clothing and make your children's section to where you have what is on the website!!

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2010