Swft boater endorsing Crist goes there, thoughts?

Here's what Colonel Day told the Northwest Florida Daily News, his local paper in the Panhandle:

"You know, we just got through (electing) a politician who can run his mouth at Mach 1, a black one, and now we have a Hispanic who can run his mouth at Mach 1. You look at their track records and they're both pretty gritty."

Colonel Day continued, making clear that he didn't think much of either man for their fast-talking or use of teleprompters. "You've got the black one with the reading thing," he said. "He can go as fast as the speed of light and has no idea what he's saying. I put Rubio in that same category."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "You know, we just got through (electing) a politician who can run his mouth at Mach 1, a black one, and now we have a Hispanic who can run his mouth at Mach 1. You look at their track records and they're both pretty gritty

Their ethnic background or color of skin should have no place in talking about their abilities to perform.

Answer by older at 7:45 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• So? What is it you want me to think?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:32 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Wow! With endorsements like that, who needs enemies?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I agree with what Crist said

Crist said. As for the rest of it? "Well, everyone has a right to their analysis and how they think somebody performs in office, and it sounds like he gave his analysis."

Do you search all day trying to find something racist? You do know Day is highly decorated and has been through a lot in his day. He isn't all there after being a POW for YEARS. Maybe you should give the guy some slack.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Do you search all day trying to find something racist? You do know Day is highly decorated and has been through a lot in his day. He isn't all there after being a POW for YEARS. Maybe you should give the guy some slack.

I didnt attack the man...I asked for thoughts. and what search? this is a PUBLIC statement...are you excusing his remark? He isn't all there and yet he is out there endorsing candidates and was a swiftboater..was he credible THEN? while making those claims against Kerry??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

LOL...

sweet-a-kins

• Sweet, You have gone all hay day with the racist posts. Ever since the false claims against the tea partiers. It's pretty funny. I am excusing him, and what? Yeah, he can endorse anyone he wants... just like you or I! Him being a swiftboater means what? I said he wasn't all there not that he can't determine lies from facts. Me saying "he isn't all there", is me referring to the fact he isn't thinking what he said would be considered racists by you or anyone else. I am sure next time he will write it, out fax it to you, to make sure you are okay with it. He is old and didn't think twice what he said sounded off.

Oh and you said you didn't attack him... what was with the "GOES THERE" then?
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• What are you talking about with teh hey day?? I posted THIS one...what are you talking about?

and he GOES THERE means he went STRAIGHT OUT and SAID THAT BLACK guy..etc......Ya can't sugar coat shit..why are YOU defending him? Who said he couldn't endorse anyone he wants?? not me...

as for him "not thinking it was racist" there is no debate, it WAS....and he dont have to fax ME I want to discuss HIS feelings, words..expressed by him....why is that so hard for YOU?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• and he GOES THERE means he went STRAIGHT OUT and SAID THAT BLACK guy..etc......Ya can't sugar coat shit..
    -------

Well, sweet, you have confused the heck out of me. Is O black or not? If not, then why does he refer to HIMSELF in that way? Why is he the first black pres? How are we to refer to black people if we can't call them black? I really don't understand why you are upset about the statement. Is there a new word that we are supposed to use? I did miss a few hours tonight with karate class, so I'm a little behind....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:21 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• What are you talking about with the hey day??
    Popularity... you keep bringing up racist stuff the repub people say. Yet I have yet to see you call out your own. Ah but deflect on that one. I am defending him because 1 He is a hero 2 he is OLD and 3 tomorrow he could simply say he was taken out of context and YOU wouldn't post that if I paid you.

Exactly Sweet, there is no debate that YOU thought it was racist. We can see that by your title. You don't want to discuss his feelings you want conservatives to admit he said something inappropriate. Plus you didn't even post Crist's comments. You are making it out like Crist was right there waving a rebal flag. This post is a joke.

I bet you would defend Bryds old KKK arse.
    "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times"
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2010