Sewing machine jamming?

so my lower thread isnt sewing to my upper thread Ive pretty much done everything i can do to readjust and redo rethread etc and its still catching the upperthread on the bobbin "wheel" the thread is "birdnesting" anyone have any advice as to how I can remedy all this?

cherrygirl87

Asked by cherrygirl87 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• THanks all for the answers apparently it was a mistake on my part no bobbin issues just that i wasnt threading the darn thing correctly! Oh lordy thank goodness its only a couple times a year i get adventerous! lol thanks again ladies!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Try flipping the bobbin so it feeds in the opposite direction, mine does the birds nest thing if I have the bobbin in the wrong direction
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I've also changed bobbin's at times, if flipping it over doesn't help
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I agree with the two posts above.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Have you changed your needle? Sometimes if the needle is bent or has a burr in it, it will cause problems. I'm assuming you've cleaned out the bobbin case and made sure that it's all back together properly. Make sure that you are using a good quality thread, and the right thread for the fabric. If you've done all of those things, it may be time for a tune up. Good luck, let us know what happens.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2010