if i apply for medicate or charity care is that will stop me getting my citizenshif in time

if any one have idea about this because i heared that applying for any such card does't make citizenship late or stop ..anyway am pregnant and i dont have any insurance i always pay cash when i go and now it will be huge bill i cant afford it

hadia

Asked by hadia at 10:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are not a citizen in a lot of states they wont allow you to get a medical card. When I was pregnant I needed help in Oklahoma and I had to show them my birth certificate, social security card and prove that I was a citizen.

Anonymous

• As far as I understand it .. If you apply for government assitance it will show that you cannot support yourself in this country. Which might put a wait or stop on your citizinship. I am not 100% on that, but that's the way I understand it. Go to USA.gov and search it on there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• In CA you can apply for pregancy only medical. This will only cover pregancy related care. It will not cover anything that is not related to your pregancy. Once the baby is born he/she will be able to get any assitance you need for them. But since you are not a citizen you will not recieve any other assitance after your 6 week check up. I am pretty sure this shouldnt affect your citizenship status.
    ISLUVZOLIVIA

Answer by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 12:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2010