What do you tell your SD to do when she is bullied?

She is not a fighter, but very nice and an honor student. I told her that she needed to defend herself. I know that if she tells the school they might really help. I myself got 2 fights in elementary, 1 in JR high, 2 in high school and my last one was when I was 24. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i would tell her to ignore the person and walk away from the situation because she has more class and is better than them. I would let her know to not put herself in a vulnerable situation where she could get ganged up on. (such as walking home from school or sitting in the back of the bus) but tell her if one of the bullies do ever push her to the limits of actually being physical that its okay to defend herself and hit back.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• She should stand up for herself, a skill they hope you have in Kindergarten. If she cannot, keep an eye out for this and take matters into your own, adult hands. Especially after the poor Irish girl hung herself because she couldn't take the bullying.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:00 PM on Mar. 30, 2010