When did it become the standard not to rsvp if you aren't going to attend something?

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good question. WTF do people think the invite says RSVP to (###) ###-####? The phone number is on that invite for a REASON. Hell I even put my e-mail address on invites.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i never rsvp if im not gonna go...if i do plan on going to whatever the occasion is, then i will
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• When the world became self centered. Rude, rude, rude!!! I hate taking the time to call people who can't be bothered to send me a fricking email saying yay or nay.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It is SO rude not to RSVP. How does the person throwing the party know how many people to feed/drink. It's terrible but people are trolls. Where are the manners?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I totally feel your pain on this one. Every year when we have my DD's birthday we send out invitations asking people to RSVP and it's like pulling teeth! The worst of all is the kids that never RSVP but still show up. This year I even had a girl show up and bring her little sister which I thought was very rude because it was at the skating rink and I was paying per person. The lack of manners amazes me sometimes!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Alexis what if the entire guest list did that to you on something you had to pay a per person on? Then 95% of the people showed up 5 minutes before it started and you were only expecting maybe 3 people and 25 showed up at $50 CASH ONLY per person, how would you handle it? By the way this is not what happened to me, just an example
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• well, obviously if i invited that many ppl i would make sure id have the money to pay for everyone..so if they showed up it wouldnt be a problem, now obviously i dont just cary around 1250 dollars on me..lol..so id hit up the nearest bank machine and take it from there..or write a cheque..orrrrr i would tell them "sorry, dont mean to be a b*tch, but you didnt rsvp and its cash only, and i dont have it on me".....

but like i said, for me personally, if i dont plan on going i wont rsvp...but i would never not rsvp, and then just show up..i wouldnt do that..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I guess this became standard when rude became the new polite. I swear the world has gone insane.
    Everything is backwards. For this matter, what happened to common courtesy? I don't get it either.
    And if you ask people to RSVP, hello, it's for a reason, so that you know how many people to
    expect...duh, right? You would think that it wouldn't require that much effort to pick up the effin
    phone and tell you hey I'll be there, or no I can't make it. What really gets me is when they RSVP
    that they will be there but then they just don't show up. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 1:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Unless the invite says REGRETS ONLY, you should RSVP with as YES OR NO. What's up with people ASSuming the host only wants regrets to RSVP? I ALWASY expect a yes or no answer. I need head counts.

Anonymous

• ALWAYS**
    Anonymous