Do you drink? (like AT ALL...even just a glass of wine) Do you think it makes you a bad mom?

I have a glass of wine with dinner sometimes or a wine cooler after the kids are in bed like twice a year.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't drink at all. I just don't enjoy it.
    But I do not think you are a bad mom at all for having a glass of wine when the kids are in bed.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes I do. My kids are learning that alcohol is an adult beverage and that it can be consumed in moderation, just like anything. During the summer we have margaritas often at night.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I drink champagne on the weekends and think it's fine.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• i dont think its a big deal at all. i do think its a big deal when parents NEED to drink all the time, or are drunk all the time, takin care of their kids.

i used to loooooooooove drinking, i went to the bar 3-4 times a week the minute i turned legal at 19 (i live in canada) and before that i used to drink with friends all the time, since i was 16...and then when i got pregnant at 20 i stopped. its kinda weird, i like the idea of having a glass of wine with dinner, or at night while i relaxing, but i just dont drink anymore..i bought a bottle of arbor mist..nothing special, but still, and its been in my fridge for a year!!! i just cant get myself to drink it..lol..id rather have water. maybe its because i think its gone bad...i dunno, either which way i COULD go buy more, but i dont..but i dont see anything wrong with someone having a glass of wine every once in a while
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• As long as the kids are not being effected by drinking, they are safe and dont see mom chuggin' one all the time or whatever. Weekend drinking, a glass of wine & hot bubble bath.. stuff like that is all good..

Personally, I dont drink ... Not because I dont want to, but because it hurts my stomach really bad& just gives me a headache. it doesnt give me the relaxed feeling I want.. what I *need* isnt legal, so i just dont really "get out of my head" like id like too... (i sound horrible dont I. lol)

Also I have a fear of alcholism since it runs on my dads side of the family, addiction in general. I was lucky enough to stop smoking when pregnant. I dont want to fall into another addiction. (ok getting off subject!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I don't drink often, maybe once or twice a year? When I do I have a glass of wine or a beer... sometimes not even a whole one lol. I've overimbibed once since my daughter was born 2 years ago, but it was after she was in bed and my husband was home, stone cold sober. I don't think it's a big deal or makes anyone a bad parent.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• not at all like i did yrs ago or even 1 yr ago. i may drink a glass of wine once or twice a month. I buy them portioned too, the little four packs so i can limit myself, otherwise i would down the entire bottle cuz i love that stuff and i would be drunk as a skunk. Sometime i may have a beer or two it just depends on my mood. Sometimes i will go months without drinking anything. I don't think it makes me a bad mother if i do drink. I will admit though that i played bad mommy a couple of times and i felt really shitty....coming home from work drunk and too hungover to play the next day. Yes, bad mommy. I would never do that again. I'm happy now.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• im 23 yrs old, my son is only 10 months so he doesnt know what alcohol is yet. my mom watches him on fridays, not every friday, buts lots of them and me and my SO go out to the local bars with friends or to a friends house. i drink a glass of wine occasionally when hes in bed but rarley, usually i only drink on fridays.
    i dont think its a big deal. im definatly not a bad mom.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Yes, and, of course not.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I have a glass of wine just about every night when I'm not prego. Sometimes I have a beer with dinner too. It doesn't make me a bad mom because I'm not drunk. On the rare occassion I get drunk I do it while I'm out and my child is with a sitter.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010