If you all believe in religious tolorance than why...?

Why do you BASH Christians who take the Bible literally? Don't we deserve to be treated with respect?
Why are we treated like crap because we take every word in the Bible seriously and don't take God to be this fun loving easy going guy who will accept everybody as long as they didn't kill anybody (Unbiblical)? What's wrong with believing that God is Holy, forgiving to those who truly repent and recive Jesus as their savior, that He rejects those who reject Him and Justified in His judgements including Hell for those who reject Him and die in their sins (Biblical)? Why don't we deserve respect if we believe all of the Bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I think a lot of people don't want to be converted here on CafeMom but that said, you're certainly entitled to your beliefs and to do with them what you will. I believe a tolerant God doesn't reject people that can't see the way yet or don't plan to. I believe God is loving, regardless of whether you go to church or believe. That's just my belief system. We all have our own.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• why is it that you think you aren't being respected?
    is it because people don't agree with you?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I have no problem with someone saying to me "Jesus Christ is MY lord and savior."

I have a HUGE problem with someone saying to me "Jesus Christ is YOUR lord and savior."

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• OH I see its back to the "its my right to push my beliefs on you and if you tell me to back off I cry persecution" We have no issue with your beliefs it is when people ASSume that we are not happy with our own convections. We wouldn't tell you to back off if more people just ASKED if we want to be converted or not. Stop getting your feelings hurt because we say "NO" we don't want to be converted.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:08 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• See even in your question you are assuming again. You think using the Bible in any way shape or form is going to change  my way of thinking.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Oh I respect your right to believe as you do. I do not respect you telling others they NEED to believe as you do or pushing it on others. For example telling others they are 'Wrong" for their beliefs, or telling other Christians they are false for interpreting the Bible differently. There is a huge difference between saying "I disagree, I interpret it this way" and saying "You are WRONG". If you cannot show others respect for their beliefs or lack of you can hardly expect them to show you respect.

Obviously this is a general "You" and not necessarily the OP specifically.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• I totally agree with KirstiS11384
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• You know what, I agree with the OP. I have noticed Christians seem to get a verbal lashing harder than others, and they are the first to be called out if there words are not perfect. Bible believing Christians...woo they get it worse than the rest. I don't take the bible literally, but I agree with the OP there is more disrespect for those who believe in the bible word for word and there are questions that hit their beliefs hard.

ok, bash me now for defending them...
    Anonymous

• I have noticed Christians seem to get a verbal lashing harder than others, and they are the first to be called out if there words are not perfect

I'm going to partially disagree with you here as often when I see this it is OTHER Christians who are giving verbal lashings to Christians and saying they are "WRONG" for not believing exactly as they do. I'm not saying the non-Christians don't do their fair share of bashing, (we certainly have our moments)but I see more Christians bashing other Christians than I do Non-christians bashing Christians.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I think it comes down to how you see things. Of course if you are christian you are going to see the offenses towards christians that are there that may not have been meant to be offensive. Just like a pagan is going to see the things that would be offensive towards pagans that others may not realize are offensive. Same goes for atheists, muslims, etc. So while you may think from your point of view christians are getting picked on more, others are going to say it is the pagans, or the insert what ever faith they follow here.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2010