I ITCH EVERYWHERE!!!

Omg... I have what i call a woundering itch. If my leg itches i scratch it. But that blasted itch pops up somewhere else!! Im always scratching. Iv tryed lotions and creams and they all help but only for a few minutes. I dont have any redness or anything. No bumps or rash. Just super itchy. A friend of mine said she had the same problem, i forgot what she called it, something to do with her liver not working right maybe? I asked my doctor about it and shes going to check it out at my next appointment on monday. But has anyone had this or know anything about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pregnant women also generally get a case of the itchies. I have it too and all my tests have come back normal. How you tried baby oil? I find that helps more than lotion.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• avoid super hott showers and just don't allow yourself to scratch. i had the exact same problem...my doc even yelled at me and told me to pat when i felt an itch....use lubredurm in the purple bottle with the spf and pat your itches or your body will be covered in cuts from scratching...i know mine was...but not anymore, still pregnant
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Not sure what is going on. I've got it, my brother in law has it, my grandson has it. The doctors don't know what's up and we're in different states so not like we touched anything the other did.
    Anonymous

• When you are pregnant, your skin (and everything els) gets out of whack... you probably have dry skin. Try from Gold Bond power to very good moisturizing shea butter. You will need to reapply a lot.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 12:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Ask your doctor about iron supplements. If it really is liver related that ill help. I had PUPPPs, which is a pregnancy related rash. It's supposed to be incurable, you just have it until the baby is born. I managed to make it go away with iron pills and doing everything I could about liver health.

Also, try a cool oatmeal bath. It will help a lot.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:58 AM on Mar. 31, 2010