I'm looking to find out how to become something like a pharmasist sp? Would anyone know anything about it?

OoShannonoO

Asked by OoShannonoO at 11:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• It takes lots of college. Like almost as much or more than becoming a doctor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• after 2 post you still can't spell it? LOL that may be a sign! Google it and it will give you the general info!
    Anonymous

• Pharmacists must earn a Pharm.D. degree from an accredited college or school of pharmacy. The Pharm.D. degree has replaced the Bachelor of Pharmacy degree, which is no longer being awarded. To be admitted to a Pharm.D. program, an applicant must have completed at least 2 years of postsecondary study, although most applicants have completed 3 or more years. Further training can include 1-year or 2-year residency programs or fellowships.

You can get a masters degree in any of the following : human biology,chemistry,physical science or any other subject in science.And then spend 2 years in Pharm.School and that is a total of 8 or 9 years.
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 11:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• See^? More than being a regular ol' doctor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• You have to have excellent grades (college), fulfill all of the prerequisite work, and score high on the PCAT exam to even be considered into pharmacy school. My nephew has a 4.0 and scored well on his PCAT's and was passed over last year at 5 different pharmacy schools. He is still waiting to hear if he will be accepted into a program this year. Another of my friends has been waiting for 3 years and still hasn't been accepted into a program. Both of them work as pharmacy technician already which is another good way to get your foot in the door for acceptance. I took most of the prerequisite classes, the hardest class ever being Organic Chemistry, but I put off the idea of continuing on once we had our first child. Basically you need to get a Bachelor's in Chemistry (that will cover all of your prerequisite classes and will take 4 years) then it is another 2 years of pharmacy school to get your Pharm-D.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• haha i was just wondering. i didnt think the first one posted. give me a break just trying. :)
    OoShannonoO

Answer by OoShannonoO at 2:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• A WHOLE lot more studying than it's worth, frankly. You are a doctor, but not paid what most medical docs get. Might look into pharmacy tech or assistant if working in the pharmacy interests you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2010