Bearded dragon lost for 4 days/3 nights...

He was sunbathing in the back yard Saturday when he disappeared. We looked everywhere and talked with neighbors...nothing. We live in the high desert so it gets cold here at night. These animals need heat lamps to survive. Anyways, tonight at 6pm my middle son found him! He is ice cold but alive. I put him in the tank with heating pad and heat lamps. Do you think he'll be ok or should he go to the vet? Any advice welcome.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 11:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Pets

• i think he will be fine. the sunlight and heat helps them to have energy. He will probably act a little sick from being cold but he is a cold blooded animal. Once he gets warmed up he will be fine and moving around
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Well shoot. You can call the on call doc but I think just watch him tonight and call in the morning.
    Anonymous

• Whew, he made it through the night. Hopefully he'll eat a bunch of worms today and get back to his old self. Thanks.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2010