A pharmasist?

Ok first off I have to learn how to spell it lol. Anyways does anyone know any info on what u need to do to become one? Do u need to take classes or anything? TIA

OoShannonoO

Asked by OoShannonoO at 11:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• You need to go to a Pharmacy school and the program is around 5 years, for a bachelor's degree. Then, you have to pass the licensing exam and complete an internship under a licensed Pharmacist. It's a long process, heavy in science and math classes, but can be worth it.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• pharmacist.
    you will have to go to college. the same amount of time to become a doctor, because you are a doctor of medicine. You will have to do rotational clinicals, working in different pharmacies. However, there are tons of job openings for pharmacists, and you make a decent amount of money.
    You can become a pharmacy tech, you dont need any schooling other than high school. You can go to a retail pharmacy and they will do on the job training. If you want to work in a hospital setting you will have to get your tech license/certificate. PTCB.org, i believe thats the website. You will have to do CE's, to continue your training & keep your license current. Pharm Techs make from min wage-$17/hr depending on time in field, and education.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• um yeah OF COURSE! I actualy considered it but its alot of science and you have to learn alot about medications and they change all the time! I just felt with kids for me it was to much! Anything you want to do will be worth it but you need tyo research it. pharmacy Tech would be a good start!
    Anonymous

• Im a pharmacy TeCHINICIAN AND HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT BEING A PHARMACIST, IT IS 6-8 YEARS OF school depending on your field of interest. You can no longer get a pharmacist job really with a 5 year bacheler, you need to get your 6 year degree which is now a bacheler to be a dr you need about 8 years depending on your program.

I would start with pharmacy tech, that way if you decide to go for it your employer can help pay the very very expensive schooling.

If you need help let me know! here is my facebook, I can connect you to the best pharmacy resources :0) http://www.facebook.com/lalubenoil

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My husband looked into it---the schooling takes nearly as long as becoming a doctor, because you would earn a doctorate of pharmacy degree...but we decided against it because they do not pay what we need to make. So, its a LOT of school for a medium sized income.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2010