How can I get my son to sleep in his own bed?

He will be two in May and refuses to sleep in his toddler bed. When he falls asleep hubby puts him in our bed and then he goes and sleeps on the hide-a-bed. If he tries to lay him in his bed he wakes up instantly and throws a tantrum. I am so tired of being kicked in the face at 3:00 am and not getting to share a bed with my husband!

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you ever watched Supernanny? Not being silly, but seriously. When she has a child with this issue she will put the child in bed, over and over and over and over until the child stays there. Sometimes the first time this is done the tantrums last for hours but it usually is only the first time and the child eventually learns that they must stay. Every time you give in all you are teaching your son is that if he throws a big enough fit you will get frustrated and he will get his way. Believe me, that will lead to a hard road as far as parenting is concerned so put your foot down now. You are the parent and what you say goes.
    Anonymous

• This sounds so mean but my doctor told us to just leave him in his bed and let him cry.
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 11:22 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Lol. I don't know as he will say there!
    Anonymous