8 shot in DC, anyone else know anything?

At least eight have been injured and one killed after a mass Washington D.C. shooting this evening, BNO News is reporting.

BNO News cites the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department as saying a call came in at 7:27 p.m. local time and "details were still coming in." The incident reportedly took place at the 4000 block of South Capitol Street SE.

AP reports that the incident was a "drive-by shooting" and three arrests were made as a result. Six men and three women were shot, and five of the victims had life-threatening injuries, according to authorities. Potential motives for the shooting are not yet known.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:20 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Funny how it happened hours ago but there is no more information. I guess they have to figure out how to spin this one...
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:27 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Terrible. DC can be rough in parts.
    Anonymous

• Officials say nine people have been wounded in a drive-by shooting in the southern part of Washington, D.C., and that three arrests have been made.

Police Department spokesman Officer Hugh Carew says the shootings of six men and three women happened about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Fire Department spokesman Pete Piringer says five of the victims had life-threatening injuries. He says all were in their 20s and 30s, except for one teenager.Several people were shot in one block and another found several blocks away.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• Police say three people have been arrested and a weapon has been recovered. No motive for the shootings is yet known.Authorities say four D.C. police officers were injured during a pursuit of a suspect's vehicle into neighboring Prince George's County. The injuries were minor.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:37 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• That's scary. I hope they catch all responsible parties.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• It's D.C. not really shocking.I grew up right outside of D.C. it is very sad though..and hopefully all of the perps are caught.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:58 PM on Mar. 30, 2010

• D.C. has pretty high crime rate. It's not a very safe area in most parts so this is not surprising. I am sure there are shootings EVERY DAY and EVERY NIGHT there. What you see as far as Capitol Hill goes is NOT the REAL D.C.. The real D.C. is sadly poverty stricken.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Isn't DC still "murder capital USA"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• This is all I could find

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100331/ap_on_re_us/us_multiple_shootings_dc

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• DC? Drive-by shooting? Hmmmm....I'll bet it's over drugs or gang retaliation.

Sweets, you live in the Philly area...are you really that surprised that an urban city has episodes of violence? Being from Boston myself, it doesn't shock me in the least.

You know that if the victims were anyone of "importance" the media would be all over it. But since it likely involves some "no names" the headlines won't sell, so it's of no interest to the media.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2010