Not Ovulating???

trying to conceive for a quite a long time. married 2 years back & got pregnant 3 months later and miscarriage took place on the 9th week. 2 months back started taking the note of my body temperature to know the exact day of my ovulation (say, each day morning , 7.30), but i really couldnt notice any sort of temperature rise , always remains the constant, 36.2, what does this mean? am I not ovulating at all??? why its so difficult to conceive again since i already got pregnant once ? answers for these 2 questions is much appreciated. thanks

Font

Asked by Font at 11:48 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you had a period since you've been charting your temp? If you have, then you probably didn't ovulate for that cycle, but that's completely normal every now and then; I didn't ovulate the cycle before I got pregnant with my second. As long as it's not happening all the time, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong. If you haven't had a period since charting, then you haven't ovulated yet. Keep checking your temp every morning until something happens.

Something to consider: in addition to checking your temp at the same time every morning, it also has to be right when you wake up, before you even get out of bed. Also, the temp shift you're looking for is only 1/2 a degree Fahrenheit, so about 0.2 - 0.3 degree Celsius, not much at all, and not noticeable unless you're charting religiously.

Good luck!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• two suggestions:  read the book Taking charge of your fertility (at least look at the reviews on amazon before you dismiss the idea).

Get a 21 ovulation test kit from walgreens. Don't do the 7 tests, it might not match with the "supposed period".

I had tried for 14 months to get pregnant. Now I have two babies. I feel your pain. Good luck.

cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• thanks DragonRiderMD & cristinaberger for ur valuable suggetions, DragonRiderMD ,last month only i started to chart the temp. and last month got periods also, this month my periods are due on 16APR10 (still long the way to go).
    Font

Answer by Font at 12:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• If your period isn't due until April 16, then you probably won't ovulate until sometime from April 1-5. So you haven't missed anything yet!

And I second the recommendation to read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's a great book, and will explain everything about charting.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2010