The Pact Act will kill me before the cigarettes

I am currently buying my cigarettes from Native Americans. They are half the price of what I used to smoke before and they are not treated with chemicals, it's just natural tobbacco.
On March 17, 2010, S. 1147, The PACT Act, the bill designed by the Congress to prevent tobacco companies from sending low cost cigarettes through the mail, passed. Now that it has been passed by both the Senate and the House of Representatives all the bill needs is a signature by President Obama before it becomes law.

Native American communities are in remote locations. Without the ability to get their products to market via the United States Post Office, they will have no opportunity to earn an income. Does the government really want to return to the days of massive Native American poverty?

This bill encrouches on the freedom and liberties of Americans.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't even know i could buy cigs from indians. Huh? I'm quitting anyways.
    Anonymous

• yes, they are 2.20 a pack. Blackhawk cigarettes.
    Anonymous

• Wow, here in NYC, they are $7 per pack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Well maybe it is time for you to quit smoking and save your money. Why give your money to the government anyway! Good Luck!
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 12:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• what do they mean RETURN to the days of native american poverty. They do live in poverty.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Well, I roll my own. I can get 2 cartons worth for less than $25. And I'm NOT gonna quit, even though I think it will soon be part of the h/c crap. I can just see it -- if you want insurance, you have to quit. I continue to smoke. They cut off my insurance because I'm not following their rules. Then I get a fine because I don't have insurance. I can sooooo see it happening.

Let me just say this, they don't want to see me if they try to make me quit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Hmmm I used to smoke American Spirit cigs lol they were pretty good and I could get them form any store. The ran quite cheep. If you want to save money I advice you to roll your own. Super simple and saves TONS of money. You can even buy the filters.

http://www.instructables.com/image/FYPGPUYFTK8AHPI/Roll-Your-Own-Cigarettes.jpg

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Gah I made a gazillion typos didn't I? From* They* Cheap* Advise* lol
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Return? I don't believe we ever left! And yes, our government does pass laws that benefit rich corporations. And the truth of the matter is, the average person in this country is here to benefit the rich and they pass laws to ensure this will happen. The rich continue to get richer and everyone else is slowly getting poorer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I think some people in America have NO CLUE about how indians in our country are treated and how they support their community...but that is another post.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2010