I am beyond scared... Some one Please help

So I had 3 abnormal pap smears. A colposcopy. I was given antibiotics to clear up the irritation down there. Then we did another colposcopy and at the time doc decided to do a biopsy. I am scared beyond imagination. I keep getting this sinking feeling that everything in my life is unfolding a certain waybecause I need to have my house in order before I say goodbye. I havent talked to a family member of mine in 8 years. We just started talking right before all happened. I finally had the daughter we had been trying so hard for. I know cancer runs in my family.

Would he take me after giving me my baby? I dont feel ready and i'm so scared and I can barely sleep. I see me dying when I close my eyes. I see my kids crying and I reach for them but they dont see me and i cant touch them.

Dh doesnt understand how scared I am. He just keeps saying it'll be alright but it isnt helping.

What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Health

• There's an article in this months' Good Housekeeping about a more accurate test for cervical cancer. The pap smear is too prone to false reports. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/womens/new-hpv-test

Check that out, and ask for this new test. It may lay your fears to rest.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I understand how you are feeling. I felt the same way when this happend to me.
    I think this is normal that they do this now and you should be okay
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 12:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• How old are you? Do you do paps regularly? You may be just fine. Especially if you do have cancer and if they catch it early, you know? I know it's tough to not leap to conclusions and to fear all this stuff but now is a critical time to take it one step at a time. Push the visions out of your head and start to invision positive things and a healthy you. I surround you with white, green and purple light for health, spirituality and the holy spirit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Be reasonable! Breathe. NOTHING to worry about right now....and worrying and feeling this stress and frightened is robbing you of enjoying life today. Continue going to the doctor, continue getting tested, continue getting 2nd or 3rd opinions....but do not allow this to be such a burden on you until or unless there is something concrete to be scared about.

Do you believe in God? It seems you do. Lay your worries at God's feet and trust that you shall continue to have a very long life. I am praying for you right now as I type.....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Have you gone in for regular paps throughout your life? Really nobody in the U.S. should die from cervical cancer as it is very treatable and early detection is easy due to yearly paps. That is what my Dr. told me when this happened to me. I'm sure it will be alright. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i always get an abnormal pap smear and i don't have anything that they can see (disease, cancer, etc) but they just said just keep coming back every year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yes I do my yearly Paps. I didnt start having this problem until my pregnancy. I had a pap during the pregnancy and it was abnormal. I had 2 more after baby was born and they were both abonormal. When I was leaving the doc office last week I overheard 2 of his employees there talking about HPV and it really got me scared.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• First off, calm down and take a deep breath. Many of us had bad paps and it all turned out ok. Just wait and hear how the biopsy turned out. My sister had a biopsy for the same thing a month ago and it turned out fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I understand how you are feeling and went through the same thing. Unfortunatly, I believe doctors perform these unecessary procedures so they make more money to bill the insurance company. IT happens quite a bit unfortunatly
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2010