Should i

My 1 week old son is having a hard time pooping. Should I change is milk and if so 2 what. He is on smilac advance

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 12:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call your doctor. my son has been on similac advance since he was born, never had a problem. we gave him a few sips of prune juice when he was constipated but u should really ask your DR.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Call your doc. Or call your nearest Emergency Room and ask to speak to a nurse. Its free and the nurse will tell you what you can do or if you need to bring your baby in.

Good luck mom
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You may need to switch formula. My son suffered from all kinds of problems from different types of formula. We ended up using Enfamil Gentlease which helped clear everything up except bad gas - which was managed with Mylicon Infant Drops several times a day. It's so heartbreaking because your poor baby suffers in pain until you find just the right stuff. Good Luck!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Well you could switch him but be prepared because any time switching a babys milk it makes them really sick to there tummys but I would talk to his doctor befor doing anything. Worse comes to worse he might have you give him a supository but he might be too young for that I cant remember how my son was when we had to do that for him.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Thank u he see his doc 2morra im ask then
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 12:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• can you give him a warm bath and bicycle his legs? all newborns have immature digestive systems...just so you know.
    congrats on your baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2010