Im a little over 36 weeks pregnant, why am I getting a sharp pain in my pelvice?

I also walk around looking like I have somthing stuck inbetween my legs because I feel so bruised and sore down there its crazy how bad it hurts to even sit down or walk but I was told that its because my joints are getting ready for baby. I had this sharp pain in my vagina area befor but that was at 32 weeks and the doctor checked me and said Im fine. However Im a little further ahead now and wonder if its somthing I should be concerned about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No maam I would not jump to conclusions. Baby is just getting ready. There may/may not be alot of pain towards these lasst few weeks. Alot of shifting poistion. If it is bothering you so much so I would talk to your doc again and just ask they he/she check again. But besides that, get some rest and breathe.

Good luck and congrats
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• ....because you're pregnant!!! :) Haha - I have been experiencing the same types of symptoms (I am 35 weeks now) If the doc says you're okay - I'm certain you are. Is this your first baby? It's my 3rd and this is the only time I have ever felt this. Lay down as much as you can (that's what I was told).
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I had a pain right at my symphysis pubis, which is that hard spot right on the front of your girl parts (mons pubis). It's cartilage there, holding the bones together, and it does get loosened up. It's normal, and in face, good, because it lets your bones stretch to allow baby to go through. It won't be long now!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• OP... The doctor said I was fine over a month ago lol Im getting the same pains again but Im already dialated to a 2 as of monday and so Im wondering if this pain is something to be worried about of if it will eventually go away. And no this is my second child and its hard for me to lay down allot cause I have a 3 yr old little boy who is a wild child lol. Im just in allot of pain and this waiting thing just stinks but I guess if it gets worse then I will call my doc. Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Sounds like your body is getting ready for labor. BUt realistically you may be pregnant for another whole month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Sounds like your body is getting ready and you are at the "miserable" stage....hang in there! Won't be long! :)
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 12:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2010