Court wedding...

So bf and I have been together for almost ten years and want to get married um tons of questions. do you need a best man/brides maids? Can mother give you away instead of father? What should you wear? We have a son is there a way to keep him from making noise during the ceremony other than having him not go and getting a baby sitter? What kind of paper work is there? Does anything happen afterwards? Is it normal to feel nervous about getting married when you've been with your bf for so long? I break out easy, epecially when I stress so how do i keep the bumps away for my wed. day? We're you ever worried about screwing up the words? Do they do rehersals? Idk. the people i called said get a marriage license wait three days and set a date in the next off ice, but i didn't get anymore details...I'm worried anxious nervous....so yeah...sorry for all the questions just curious i guess.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Court weddings are simple and no frills at all. You need two witnesses. There is no giving away. What the people ion the office told you was dead on. Fill out the papers, wait three days, come back for the ceremony, married in a couple of minutes. It's completely no frills, no reheasrsal needed. The officiant reads to all...you merely repeat what you're told to repeat.

Your choice on what to do with the baby. Your choice on what to wear. Your choice on what you do after...once you're married the court is done with you.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I had my wedding at the courthouse. You don't need to have anyone give you away or anything. You actually don't even have to have two witnesses - the magistrate can provide you with two people as "witnesses" if need be. It's not bad at all. I'm a really shy person, so I was so nervous, but it's a beautiful thing. Don't be self conscious!!!
    MrsJacqueline

Answer by MrsJacqueline at 1:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• OP: But I can invite my family to be there right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You do not need any witnesses. The courthouse provides them. No one gives you away. It's not like a church wedding. It's more business like. You go get your license and return for the marriage. It will take 2 minutes so the child will be fine in that short a time. In some states you had no waiting period, you just walk in, pay the fee and they marry you right there. The clerk does it in my state. (FL) Heck, a notary can do it in my state! Don't expect any frills. It's like getting your driver's license, pay the fee, sign the paper, take the vow and leave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I had a court wedding and all of my friends have also. We're militray families. For the whole pimple thing, don't stress your skin out too much with a whole bunch of products. I used tro have awful skin and then found Mario Bedescu. Great stuff. Start doing things that relax you. You have two witnesses, anyone you want, and i would suggest taking your son with you. It's pretty quick and whoever is your witness can keep him occupied. a favorite book, soundless toy or stickers would help too! No rehearsels. But it's so so easy! It's you, your fiance, the judge, and your two witnesses, and whoever else you decide to invite. My hubby and I had a romantic dinner afterwards and got a hotel room for the night. It wasn't much but it was what we could afford and we were on a time crunch. Now, we are planning vow renewals in Turks and Caicos next year! Congratualtions and you will be fine! Afterall, you have your number up there with u
    navyfambam06

Answer by navyfambam06 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yes, you can have your family there.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2010