When to go to 2 naps to 1

I havea 8 month right now and he has 2 naps a day and it works for him. Well my oldest 2yrs old only has one and i really cant remember when she was switched to 1 nap a day all i can remember was she was about 1 and he daycare pretty much placed her on it. My 8 month old isnt going to be going to daycare anytime soon. So I'm asking when is a good age to switch from 2 naps to 1 nap a day. This is all excluding bedtime at night.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, I don't remember when I made the change either. I think you should just take cues from your little one. I think she just stopped needing 2 naps a day and made it clear to me. I think that is all you can really do------------just watch and listen.

Good luck Mama. No one here can tell you what or when is right for YOUR baby. Only HE can tell you............so keep your ears and your eyes OPEN Mama!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• let him decide...babies need their sleep....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• He'll let you know when to do it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Mine was around 13-14 months old. I switched him to one nap/day when he started having a hard time going down for his afternoon nap after he had a morning nap. For a couple of months, he still needed a "snuggle time" shortly after he normally would have gone down for his morning nap where we would cuddle on the couch and look at books - sort of a rest time for him to recharge and keep going until his new naptime.

Answer by missanc at 8:44 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• My DS just switched and he's 10 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I don't honestly remember. It was somewhere around the yr. mark, but kids will let you know when it's time.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 10:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2010