going to colorado with a 3 yo?

anyone have any ideas on driving from Minnesota to Colorado? I have a 3 yo. and need some ideas for in the car on long trips.

jvann1

Asked by jvann1 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Travel

• 1) Stop as often as possible to get out and walk (or run) around, blow bubbles and/or see whatever sights you pass ; 2) Purchase some inexpensive surprises/treats to bring out every so often; 3) Sing songs while you have riding or play simple games to keep your child entertained. Make a game of having your child look for certain things as you drive; 4) How about videos on a DVD player or some simple device? 5) Tell stories as you drive.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 2:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i have done a road trip from Colorado to Los Angeles since my youngest was 2, so he was 2, 3, and 4 and we are going again in August. We stop frequently for whatever reason - potty, stretch legs, small hikes, giant balls of twine.

I had my older kids to help entertain my youngest, which also helped. He also had a hand held leapster last year. He playing it some, but not a lot. He played with plastic animals and his stuffed cat. We also practiced color recognition with the color of cars and semi-trucks. This year it will be simple addition and subtraction.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2010