does anyone eles have a fear of falling durring pregnancy?

im 23 weeks and i constantly have to move things out of the way because im afraid of falling and i worry about walking out in the rain because i can slip and fall i dont want to hurt my baby and im afraid i will, my family look at me like im crazy because of how cautious i am and its just im more cautious about what i eat, how i sleep and i make sure my hands are washed before everything... ughh i think im becoming ocd or something lol. is this normal?

amanda202010

Asked by amanda202010 at 2:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• falling won't hurt the baby...unless you fall down a huge staircase or off of a decent height....they have A LOT of cushion in there protecting them....trust me i'm clumsy and i've fallen many times while pregnant...i'm 23 weeks as well
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I didn't wanna be pregnant and intentionally threw myself down the stairs, hoping to lose the baby. NOT! I've also fell many times unintentionally and the baby wasn't harmed. Your hormones are in overdrive and it's natural for you to feel super-protective right now. However between your body and the embryonic fluid, the baby is well cushioned.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I fell at 28 weeks stomach down, directly on the baby and she was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i take one good fall EVERY single pregnancy. Nothing has ever happened. Not that I go jumping off stairs or anything, either! I try my best to be careful, because I AM a clutz. But I know that I'll hurt ME more than I'll hurt baby. I usually twinge my back good.and have loads of bruises. OUCH! LOL
    squeegeatc

Answer by squeegeatc at 8:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I have fallen 2 times this pregnancy and was so worried both times but everything is ok.. the first fall I was cleaning out my suburban and fell directly on top my belly onto a car seat and the second time I slipped on ice and fell flat on my back
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i constantly fear falling over something and clutch onto the stair railings and freak out if my toddler is too close to me while i am walking but it can be unreasonable sometimes. i just take things a little slower.
    chance010507

Answer by chance010507 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• When I was 8 months pregnant, I was at work walking down a hallway. There was a set of double doors and when I went to unlock the doors (you have to put a key in a wall to unlock the door), someone was opening it fromt he other side. He hit me with the door, knocked me back about 7-8 feet and I fell pretty hard. It hurt my knee and elbow b/c I was tryign to protect my stomach. I ended up having contractions and spent the night in the hospital, but everything was ok. I still tease the guy saying, "my DS is really healthy except he walks with this limp and has a twitch." He still feels guilty.

Anyway, your baby is well protected in there. Only a serious blow the stomach might really hurt the baby. It's ok to be cautious, but don't worry too much.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• my biggest fear was some crazy walmart shopper running into me. Once a kid was running through the store (i swear i walked with my hands in front of me) he wouldve hit me though if i had not grabbed his scrawney little arm before he got to me. I told him to stop running in the store...he looked scared to death and slowly walked away.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• just walk slower when you are unbalanced you can slip I would get a good pairs of supportive tennis shoes it will stabize your walking and help your back everyone has fears when you are prego it is from the mothers nurturing hormones kicking in slow down smell flowers just take it easy enjoy the p.gness meditate a little eat donuts wathc the stars read a few kids books the pictures are so cool PrAYERS
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yes!! 33 weeks here, and congratulations.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2010