Hair extensions

I am wanting to get hair extension, untill my hair grows out on its own, anyways can someone tell me what kind last the longest, not the type of hair but the way its put in..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• shoelace extensions...thats the kind i have in my profile pic....it takes a bit longer to put them in and it's a little more expensive but well worth it because its so much more natural and free flowing, you can do so much more with your hair with shoelace extensions....never get a weave, it feels like a helmet, it itches worse then i could ever describe (patting doesn't help at all)...it starts to smell cause the hair underneath doesn't get washed, and it just looks fake whereas shoelace extensions actually look like natural hair....something they might not tell you though, never wash hair extensions yourself because they are treated with a lot of chemicals and when those are washed out the hair becomes permanently tangled and clumpy...always have the salon wash it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• oh and for the record in my profile pic, that was the day i got the extensions and just 7 hours before that i had a short mohawk.....you can't even tell
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• oh you wanted to know the way it's put in too...well the shoelace extensions will be about a quarter inch thick...your hair is sectioned off and in rows all over your head they will take a strand of hair about a quarter inch thick and fuse the extension to the strand using caratin, which is exactly what your hair is made of, and use a tiny bead to cover the caratin and make sure the extension is secure....the extensions can be removed painlessly with caratin remover..the whole process takes about 5 hours and lasts for 2 months before you need to go back and have the extensions pushed up closer to your scalp...you can keep getting them pushed up until your natural hair is back to normal. also they can't be pulled out...only the remover can take them out
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• FYI....don't do it. It will ruin your hair. It is expensive to do and takes a lot of time to care for. If you do decide you want to, go for it, but just be careful who does it and how much experience they have doing it.
    Anonymous

• I would invest in a nice wig instead of extensions. A Rene of Paris or Noriko synthetic wig. Less damaging on your hair, looks real and you get more for your money. PM if you want some info, I actually have several and love the way I can change up my look whenever I want.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 12:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• the only extentions that ruin your hair are the ones that are permanently glued to your head....i've had both semi permanent extensions done (shoelace and woven) and there was no damage at all....but like i said before a weave feels and looks aweful...but it doesn't damage
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Haha okay i would never get extensions that i would have to get washed everytime at a salon.. just dont have that kind of time
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2010