is it normal to throw up everyday and everything i eat while pregnant?

hello ladies i just found out that iam 7weeks pregnant and started me prenatal pills. i have been throwing up everyday as soon as i wake up but the strange thing about it im throwing up spit! then when i do eat somethin it sits for about 30min and then im back in the restroom. Now recently my nose have bleed twice very bad can this be a problem? im in desperate need of answers

shalice17

Asked by shalice17 at 4:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I dont' know about the nose bleeds, but a good friend of mine has been going through the same thing, throwing up everyday. It's started to subside a bit. She is now 13 weeks, but starting at 7 weeks, she was throwing up a few times a day. Her doc gave her a safe nausea medicine, Zofran i think and it just helps to settle her stomach.

Even now after being on it for 5 weeks, she still has difficulty, but life is much more manageable for her. So as far as the throwing up goes, it's normal. Some women just have it worse than others. If I were you, I'd talk to my doctor because you want to make sure you're not losing too much weight (a little is fine). Make sure you're drinking enough to stay hydrated too. Also, see about gettting some meds for nausea - don't worry there are ones that are safe for the baby!

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 6:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I threw up almost every day for 4 months with my first. And, I would go into work a lot of times when I was feeling this way, because we needed the money and I didn't want to miss so much work. I would run to the bathroom, throw up for awhile, get back to work, then do it again. I ate whole wheat crackers before getting out of bed, sometimes that helped. Bananas, salty foods, ginger ale and apples seemed to soothe my stomach. Perfume, coffee and other strong smells made me wretch. . It's important to drink lots of fluids and keep in touch with your gyn's office to make sure you don't get dehydrated. I used phenergan for nausea-they said it was safe. It worked but made me so sleepy I couldn't function. It was a suppository since I couldn't take it by mouth because of the nausea. Take your prenatals when your stomach is able to handle it. That will help make up for the times when you lose nutrients through vomiting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I had severe morning-noon-and-night sickness with both of my pregnancies from the day I conceived to the day I delivered. It was miserable!

That said, I know some people find some brands of prenatal vitamins really upset their stomachs. It might be worth trying a different brand to see if its any better for you.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 9:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I have heard of this and there is a difference between "normal" and healthy. Contact your doctor to see if you need to come in so they can switch up your vitamins or help you find a diet that will allow you to get the nutrients you need to stay healthy. Like others have mentioned, some women are sick their entire pregnancy. I hope this is a passing phase for you, it sounds miserable!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Morning sickness varies from woman to woman. Some throw up daily, some never throw up at all. I threw up almost daily. I wasn't able to keep food down though at all in the morning. I'd eat, and immediately after finishing my meal I would vomit it all up. So, keeping it down 30 min sounds great! If you are unable to keep any food or water down at all you must contact your dr or go to the hospital. If the vomitting is bothersome enough your dr can give you medicines to stop it. If you have no other children to care for, you could take Phenergran. It is great for nausea and vomitting, but knocks you out. If you have other kids to care for and must stay allert, then your dr can give you Zofran. It's wonderful and works quite well with no side effects but it is extremely expensive (around $300 without insurance).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• my dr told me the bloody noses where from my hormone levels
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2010