Just wondering if there are other moms going thru finicanial hardship?

we are going though it, and we are over drawn, and we will be hurting for bills. Meaning not having money for bills, elec is due, and they may disconnect, not sure, we got a notice. Plus we have a large plumbing job that needs fixing in our home, but we are not sure what to do.. want to know if others have ideas on saving money or tips on hardships with finances??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• I hear you. Yes. The answer is in living simply. Save money by cooking from scratch, shopping at yard sales, etc...Learn to live with less........For now, contact St. Vincent de Paul and see if they can help.....it's very humbling, I know......to raise money.....have a yard sale, sell stuff on craigs list, etc. You will get through this. Not perfectly, but you will......and when you do, continue to live simply.....it's a healthier less stressful way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• If you don't have health insurance, see if you qualify for medicaid , also food stamps. I hope things get better for you soon!
    tiger123

Answer by tiger123 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Go to social services and apply for assistance. Let your caseworker know about the plumbing. They may be able to refer to an agency that can help you with grants or low interest loan.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You're not the only one. We were lucky that DH got his taxes back when he did. Electric, phone, and rent were way past due. DH has been working what he can but some weeks has gone without pay. We had been trying for a year to get another vehicle since the one we had last year took a crap, we finally got one but do not have the money to get it legal yet. It just seems like a big waiting game. I wish I had some money saving tips and all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I know how you feel I have had times where my bills were late. I would suggest calling the elec company if you haven't already. They can and do give extensions. As far as tips I'm not sure what you may have you can get rid of but for a while I had to let my cable go and we went to having one car because without me working two wasn't affordable.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 1, 2010