Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my ob/gyn! Where do i get a second opnion?

My doctor is a joke. I hate going there. But its the only place that excepts mediciad by me. I had posted last night about itching everywhere all day and did some research last night on it and it sounds like i could have ICP. I just got off the phone with my doc and she says its very unlikely cause its so rare... And wont even test for it!! Im almost positive that this is the problem. Where can i go for a second opnion? Do i just go to the hospital? Or should i call around and try to find another doctor outside my city that will see me? I only want a second opnion because if i do have this then it need to be addressed asap or i could risk losing the baby... Not a risk im willing to take for my stupid witch doctor.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers (6)
  • Yes, get a second or third opinion, doctors make mistakes all the time. I searched high and low to find a doctor I liked, in my first pregnancy, I ran into a doctor who told me I had a cyst and wanted to have it removed, went and got a second opinion and it turned out my cyst was my first born!

    Answer by older at 8:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • yeast infections can be common when pregnant...

    Answer by shay1130 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • ******No no no... Not an itch in my lady parts lol. Its my arms, legs, hands, feet... Almost my whole body except my belly (which i thought was strange sense its the part thats being stretched) and no itching in the lady parts area. Im looking into another doctor but i might just give in and go to the hospital.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • hmm. weird? do you take any medications?

    Answer by shay1130 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • Nope. No meds.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

  • What does ICP stand for? Print out what you found and go to the ER if you can't get to another doctor and the info says you could lose your baby. File a complaint with Medicaid and the state. Ask the hospital for a referal to another doctor. If you do I have it I don't think I would set foot in the other doctor's offcie again.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.