Why wait 6 weeks to have sex?

I have such a sex drive. My newborn is 6 days old and my hubby hasnt asked but if he did I would jump on him! I have been horny for two days now. I did not tear or have an episotomy, no comlications whatsoever. I only pushed thru two contractions ( 2 minutes total and 5 ten second count pushes) and delivered our new baby. I had my first bowel 10 hours later and had no issues urinating whatsoever.

I want my hubby so bad!! Is it ok to give in to my attraction? Did you ladies wait? Talk to me.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Look at it like this. If you fall down and cut your knee open, it's going to bleed, right? After it stops bleeding, that doesn't mean that it's healed though. If you crawl around on your knees, having it rubbing on the floor, it's going to mess it up again, let germs in, etc.

Well, this is sort of the same thing. Even if you've stopped bleeding, things haven't healed all the way up, things that need to be closed up isn't, etc - and even if your dh is a very clean person, and even if you use condoms, just the friction of the sex act itself is going to be the sex version of crawling around on a skinned knee. You're going to increase your chance of a uterine infection.

Trust me - I've had one - they are VERY painful! I ended up being re-admitted to the hospital and slowing down my recovery - and that was with a c-section, not even a vaginal delivery - I pushed it with sex and carrying grocery bags, etc.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• there's a high risk of infection
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• As long as you are still bleeding you cannot have sex. While you're still bleeding from post delivery, your uterus is still open to infection. You MUST wait until the bleeding completely stops. Only then is you uterus fully healed. An infection of the uterus can be a nasty thing. You don't want one. It can lead to complications like PID or even infertility.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• ThrivingMom already said exactly what I was going to say....
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• No, honestly I didn't wait that long. You are still healing though so it is a risk.

Then along came my son, omg, it was a blessing in disguise. I was not thinking straight.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I waited a little over 2wks. Silly on my part as I could have gotton an infection. I would wait. There are other things he can do to you and you to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I waited 2-3 weeks. I understand your frustration. I was the same way after my first (had a harder labor though). So I researched it. You are told not to come back in until 6 weeks pp because your uterus isn't back down to prepregnancy size until then. However, the cervix is usually closed and the 'wound' from the placenta detaching is healed by 4 weeks postpartum (usually when you stop bleeding). So it is advised you wait until then. But at 4 weeks your uterus is still the size it was when you were 3 months pregnant so doctors don't want to see you yet.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• lol, I waited 2 weeks. And now my baby is 8 months and I'm 33 weeks pregnant

LOL your very fertile too. But uh, I didn't wait. :) just use a condom lol
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I waited the 6 week and then some! I was too scared of infection. I gave in with my second and sure enough, when I went for my check up, my midwife told me I wasn't healing right. So with my third, we waited longer then I had to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Yeah, we waited. It's not worth the complications. Give yourself time to heal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2010