If a male cousin who is married to a really snobby Kim K wannabee continues to snub you at every liquor store opening that they have is it justified if I don't invite them to my son's confirmation party?

I do not have their address. We never exchange xmaas cards or anything. In fact, she is so snobby that she did not accept my facebook invite the first time ans so I invited her again and then finally she caved in and accepted me with over 500 friends that she has. I think I did the right thing.The only problem is that the day after will be another family party that they will attend where we will be. Is that ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• be the bigger person and invite them
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i would invite them but i wouldnt count on them coming...if she is such a snob she probably wont show anyway
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• It is your son's day ... do as he wants.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 9:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• They obviously don;t care about you...why should you continue to extend the "olive branch?" To me, family is a feeling. If you don't feel good about certain family members, you need not invite or associate with them. I have close friends who are more like family than my own blood relatives.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• No, I wouldn't invite them, and I also wouldn't worry about it. I doubt they really want to go to your son's confirmation party anyway.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Always do the right thing, invite them whether they show or not.

They are family, and she is becoming a part of it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Unless you plan on excluding other family members I would invite them. While it might not really bother them to miss the party, it might hurt your cousin's mom's feelings if you snub her son and daughter in law. You'll be busy at the party and you won't have to sit next to them or anything even if they do show up. If you don't invite them be prepared for the fall out that may come from other family members.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I think to keep the peace you need to suck it up and invite them....they probably won't come and if they do just smile and be nice. He will always be your cousin, she might not always be his girlfriend! Usually people like this are pretty insecure, so maybe if she gets to know you better she will "thaw" out! Good luck and happy confirming!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• If you are inviting your other cousins, I think you should invite this one as well. But as other posts have said, don't count on them coming.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• since it's a confirmation party, I assume that lots of family will be there. if this woman is prone to causing arguments or the like and ruining things, then you have a point. But it's just a issue of 'I can do what I want' then I would invite her.
    I doubt that you are going to accomplish much by intentionally excluding her. That and it will just make you look bad to other family members.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2010