I have to turn my dryer on 2x for one load to get the clothes dry!

it's a large capacity one, anyone know what could be wrong with it and/or how i can fix it? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Clean out the vent that goes outside and make sure the lint trap is clean and look for extra lint that might be piled up inside the dryer.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• yep, clean the vent line
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• It might be the vent line,but it also might be the heating element,,,if there isn't any crud in the line,, call the repair guy, I know mine has a 3 year heating element guarantee on it, check your manual as well..I also had accidentally moved the cycle to low once,,,mine has 3 choices for how hot you want it to get,,,it took me 3 days to figure out my mistake, good luck mommy!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• thanks! i keep the lint trap clean all the time, never thought about the vent...or extra lint.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• That happened to us recently. Hubby cleaned out that line that goes outside and it was dirty! After that our dryer has been working fine. :)
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• sounds like the heating element to me..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 12:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You're also supposed to take the lint screen out and wash it with dish soap and hot water. Let it completely dry before using again.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 3:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2010