WOW, Are you impressed now?

Obama has said he will open up more areas on the florida, East Coast and Alaska to drilling! Now why would he do that? I remember him on the campaign trail saying "drilling will not help. It will not bring down the cost of gas. It will do no good." Now if he feels that way why do this?
Did you also know that this week the EPA going to name C02 a pollutant. You know that stuff we breath in and out so our our world will be green... It will then be able to regulate it just as they do any other pollutant.
It's obvious what Obama is doing and I would expect no less. He's trying to look good before he looks bad in hopes that he can get his cap and trade through.
I don't know about you but I am not stupid. Sure someday this new drilling will help if allowed to continue. But even if it is allowed to go on they will have to jump through at least 3 yrs of regulatory red tape just to even get started. Thanks Obama......

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Um, what was your question again? All I read was a potential Journal post. Please post this in a Journal and not in questions... there is NO question here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• NO, I'm not impressed, as this is just setting the stage for his Cap and Trade bill. Nothing that man does should be taken at face value--there is always a "hidden agenda!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Gee, "Are you impressed now?"  is not a question?

Back to the question, I find it amusing, once again, that Obama is now pushing for off-shore drilling.  Am I impressed?  No.  I have a "wait and see" attitude about this. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• He is pushing for it but will he be trying to take gov ownership of the drilling companies?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I thought this was what you wanted? Whatever happened to "Drill Baby Drill"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I agree his flipflops are huge, but so are his F-ups. The issue of him lying on the campaign trail to get votes should anger the left more than anything right now. The Jackass lied to everybody.
    As far as drilling, it would be fine with me to start today, those areas have been speculated since the spring of 06 and I'm on that bandwagon when the oil is up so is my share, so drill baby drill and I don't care WHO is in the WH at the time.
    And NO, I'm not impressed, Jackass will never impress me.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• If it weren't so horrifying and such a disaster for the country, I would actually enjoy watching Obama and anticipating his next move and his motives for making it.

Gas prices have been up some for a while now--at least in many parts of the country. Summer is coming and with it higher gas prices. One of the things that affects prices is speculation. I think this motive in part is to get the "feel good" going to a) hopefully have a small affect of the speculation thus keeping prices a little lower b) distract the people before they go up so he he has an excuse handy when the price gets high.

I also believe Cap & Trade and the new emissions stuff from the EPA are factors. I am expecting they will make a move to nationalize these new drilling opportunities.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Sorry OP.....ummm no I'm not impressed yet.
    yourspecialkid

• I'm not impressed. It's just an announcement, he hasn't done anything yet, really. And, if he actually DOES do something with it, it probably won't be as good as it COULD be, kinda like the help that was given to GM and Chrysler, and the banks, and so on. It's just a means to an end, such as control of the natural resources of this country.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2010