Would you post pictures of your children and their friends on Facebook?

Many of my friends have posted pictures of their children and their children's friends on Facebook and other social network sites. Some of these pictures show children of various ages in their bathing suits at the pool/beach and I was just wondering how others feel about this. Someone suggested that posting pictures of children (and/or other people's children) on the internet is exploitation and they wouldn't do it without the parent's permission. How do you feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I share pictures of my kids, but if other people's kids are in them I don't

I will ask friend if its ok for me to put pic on first - but school friends no.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I probably wouldn't post bathing suit pics, but have put my son's pics on my profile only,,,so you can't see them unless your my friend,,,I don't think it is a too big of deal when done like this!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I have pics of my stepson on my facebook as well as my neices and nephews. I also have a few pics of my kids friends. My page is private so the only people that can see my page are my friends..
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I post pics of my kids, but limit who can see it (mostly just family and close friends that don't live near us), as for posting pics of other kids, i don't do that, it's too personal, and you never know what each parent thinks. I think you should definatly ask permission if it's not your kid
    twiceisnice729

Answer by twiceisnice729 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I post my kids up there, if i have pictures of my children's friends up there it's because i asked permission first. when i take pictures of my kids at the park with other kids, i do my best to not put other children in the picture. if i do get children in the picture i either crop them out or i just don't put them on FB/myspace.

with the internet and hackers, you've no idea who can be looking at your pictures, even if they are private. granted, there may be none around me, but who's to know if there are any kids in the witness protection or kids who's parents don't want their bio parents to find them (i.e. a really bad divorce over child abuse or something)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• yes i have pics of my son with some of his classmates and i only allow my friends to see them. My page is private and the majority of my friends on fb are family members. I don't accept just anybody as a friend.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• ok..I do post pictures of my daughter on my facebook..I don't have my address or any very presonal information on there so I don't feel as though someoen will hunt us down and kidnap my children...but you all do realize that pedofile hackers have ways of getting around the system and getting past our private blokcs (which I have myself)....I'm not saying your doing anythign wrong by showing pictures of your children to friends nad family but the fact of the matter is its still the internet...our whole lives are on it these days
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I would not. I know pictures can be set to private and all that but I wouldn't do it. I also think that posting pictures of other's people's children without asking the parents is unacceptable. It just does not seem right.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I post my kids' pictures on FB, but I have my account privacy set to where only friends can see any of my pictures, postings, or information and the only people I friend on my FB account are family members and very close friends. I use FB as a way to share family news and photos with close friends and family.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Oh no ma'am. Now I have a myspace page that is reserved for close family and friends and none of our pictures are viewable unless you are a friend. On here I believe I only have one pic of each of my children. But hey, to each thier own.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2010