Are taking pictures appropriate at a funeral? (serious question) Wondering if i should bring my camera for the memories if no one else remembers?

NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Asked by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if i drink anymore i will float away
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• no, i think its very stupid and rude, along with disrespectful. If you wanted memories you shouldve done it while the person was living. JMO...no hard feelings.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• yes i took pics of my grandfather who past away .. in aug 2009. everything was very nice. he got what he deserve. i even put a pic of my boys in casket and i took the pic too walmart had the ladie in the photo section have typed we will miss you papa on the picture . i say yes take ur camera
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 9:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I went to a funeral where they took pictures and it was really unnerving! I wouldn't take a camera--you didn't say who had passed, but if it isn't immediate family---leave the camera at home and let them do what they think is best. If there is a party afterwards or something I think you could take pics there, but I would ask first! Sorry for your loss.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• who wants to remember someone laying in a casket? Not the best memory if ya ask me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• yeah i would only take pics only if it was my close family or friend!
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 9:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I think it's a little strange, but if you are an immediate family member to the deceased (the child or grandchild or sibling) and you want to take pictures, then it would be ok. But if you are not an immediate family member, then you need to leave the camera at home so you don't offend the family.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• i'm not talking about taking pictures of my dead grandmother, but of pictures of the people who are there and who have come together for this event.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• ...its just kinda sad that a persons death brings people together. Kinda like a family reunion..it shouldnt be that way.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• take ur camera and take pics of ur family. bc it maybe be awhile u see some off them again!
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 9:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2010