A strange question about the Bible...

The Bible was to have been inspired by God and written by man..right!?
Now I have also been told that nothing more will be added by man that may be inspired by God. Yet books have been removed. Why is that? Isn't He allowed to change his mind? Maybe He sees the diversity of the ppl now and may want his words to fit ALL ppl...
Why is it that in today's society we are quick to assume a person is crazy if he claims to have heard God and that he/she is inspired to write those words, yet back in the day, these men who did write the Bible were not crazy..?
Or is the Bible just that, a book, that was written by man to obtain followers for gain...?

I am curious...

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 9:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's a bunch of very good questions! If the bible is what people claim it is then It should be a dynamic book, not static. Old things that don't apply should be dropped and new, relevant things should be added. Why, if it was ok to write it in the first place can't it be added onto by a man/woman who is receiving the words of god thru the holy spirit?? Why did this only happen many years ago? Why can't it happen in this day and age?? Good questions!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Inspired by god does not mean that it is god's word. I've been told time and time again it is a collection of stories so I treat it as such. People who heard god's voice back then were still considered crazy, but it's not the same as it is today. Today you go thru a list of various drugs to see why they may be hearing voices. Back then they had no way to test for drugs much less knowledge of if you smoke this plant it alters your mind. God is most certainly allowed to change his mind, but it would mean he is not omniscient or omnipotent. Back in the day I would say it was written by men to obtain followers and instill a sense of morality which some people back then seem to lack.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• God used his Holy Spirit to have men write it. It ias divinely inspired. He uses his Holy Spirit throughout the bible - Gen 1:2 He used his Holy Spirit to help Jesus resurrect people.
    As far as the other books being left out, I really dont know. JUst because they are left out does not mean that the bible we have today is of any less value...imo.
    The bible is more important than any other book. As a believer, it tells me God's promise to end death and pain and gives me a hopeful, perfect, everlasting future.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• The bible was not meant for gain or control, it is made to teach us about Yahweh, and his son, and their purpose. So that when we are called we may learn and be trained for that purpose. Unfortunately the wolves have come into the faith and manipulated everything for a money making business. As far as other books that were inspired by Yah by anyone of this day and age; it would have to flow in harmony with the Bible and have the same goal as Yahweh and the Messiah Yahshua. Yahweh bless.

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• never mind my last post I misread your post .. mind not awake I apologise
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I think it boils down to unbelief.. back then it was common place for those visions to happen for people to write and to stand and tell about it. It should STILL be common place and will be again but the bible does say we will be mocked and such ion the last days. People do not want to believe yet they beg for proof and its standing there right in front of them! Boggles my mind!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Inspired does not mean god wrote it or it is even 100% his word. We are not suppose to add nor subtract from the bible, however I have issues with folling the bible to a tee thing because things were deleted. So how is it we know what was left out. How do we know that what was left was the name of the true church or that it said we each are. How do we know it didn't say god will except every kind good man to his kingdom. This is the reason we I use all but the commandments in the bible as suggestions to live your life by not demands to live it by. It is because there was so much left out.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• The books of the bible (most of them) can be historically given to its authors which were inspired men of God. There were several occasions where God told Moses to write things down. There were also several instances where the prophets had scribes. People who wrote for them. Most of which I said before can be authenticated.

There were criteria used which allowed the books to be apart of the bible.
    1 The Apocrypha were not a part of the Old Testament of Jesus and the early Church
    2. Anceient Jewish writers who used the Greek Bible (Philo, Josephus) knew about the Aprocrypha but never quote it as scripture.
    3. Early church leaders who were fa miliar with the Hebrew Canon clearly distinguishes between canonicl and apocryphal writings.
    4. the apocryphl books were never declared to be authoriative Scripture until the Council of Trent (a.d. 1546)
    cont
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• 5. Most readers feel that the apocryphal book represent a lower level of writing than that of the canonical Scriptures. They contain numerous historical and geographical inaccuracies and anachronisms and do not breathe the prophetic spirit so evident in canonical writings.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2010