what is wrong with me?!

I took my dogs for a walk last night & they saw a dog coming at me that was barking and growling. They ran towards it really fast causing me to slip (never wearning flip flops to walk them again) I fell flat on my back while still holding both dogs. One of them actually flipped over my shoulder as I was still holding on to her. I felt something pop and couldnt move it afterwards. When I got home I decided to go to ER because it was so swollen & I still couldnt move it. They took xrays, nothings broken. They only gave me a tetnus shot (my arms got torn open in the process) and sent me home. Now this morning, I can move it less than last night. I couldnt even use my hand to pull a blanket up an inch. Has this kind of shoulder pain happened to anyone before. What kind of doc did you see (called an orthopedic & was told theydont work with shoulders) I think its my rotator cuff or a torn ligament? It is still swollen. =(

ericalyne

Asked by ericalyne at 9:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Health

• I think you guessed it
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Sounds like a torn rotator cuff to me! Or it could be pulled out of place.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Could've popped a tendon. I've done it to my ankle. The only thing they can do for it is a sling or in my case an air cast.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You're probably correct, it's probably your rotator cuff. I've had it happen to me before and it is nearly impossible to move your shoulder or arm without quite a bit of pain. I would suggest going in to your regular doctor and have them check that. I know that taking extra stength motrin helps since it's an anti-inflammatory medicine. I think when I had mine (it was over a year ago) that the dr recommended alternating heat and cold (like heating pad and ice pack) a few times a day.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Haha yeah I figured that an orthopedic doctor would be the one to call, but it was about 9 and the office closes at 10, so I am assuming that they just didnt feel like taking a patient that close to closing. My doctor gave me 400 mg of mortin and loratabs, but I cant take the loratab until after work.
    ericalyne

Answer by ericalyne at 12:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2010