I want to pull my son out of bowling? Daddy says no--what do you think?

My 5 year old has been on a bowling leauge for 2 years, he still enjoys it, but his old team were older kids and they moved up in the leauge,,long story short,, one of the new boys is a total monster! I like his Mom, but she never does anything to correct his behavior,,,so we spend about and extra hour waiting for him to finish running around, or whatever. DS gets really impatient and sometimes will follow suit after the other kid,,,,I reign him in and the mother of the child just sits there! It totally stresses me out, and isn't a good experience for my son,,,I have to explain every time why his buddy can misbehave and he can't! I am over it---Hubby works on Saturday so he doesn't take him very often--when he has he experienced the same thing, but is off the hook as far as taking him, I tried to talk a bit to the Mom, but she says that is just how her kid acts? Quit or not? Thanks!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 10:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As far as explaining to him why he can't act up like this other kid, well this will surely not be the last time you end up dealing with another child whose behavior you don't want your child to emulate. Just tell him just because the other little boy does it does not mean it is ok, it is still unacceptable. And point out to him all the negative consequences that he is dealing with from this behavior that make it unacceptable.

I like this answer and if you discuss this with your son in earshot of the other boy and his mother maybe it will shame one of them into some change, although there's no guarantee. I also think you should talk to the organizer, and especially if it is you and the other parent in your group who is probably annoyed as well, and let them know your concerns and that you would like the issue addressed- maybe they have run into this before and know how to address it. It does sound really annoying! Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• That really sucks.
    I don't think I'd pull my son out.Is there any way at all you can switch him to another team? If not, don't let this one rotten apple ruin it for your son.
    It does sound stressful for you though,how do the other parents react to the situation?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:05 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• All of the teams bowl at the same time,,,the other parents--the other teams are stressed but his antics don't interfere with them bowling in a timely manner--3 person team the other Mom has quit already because her daughter (4) would cry from having to wait!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Who is in charge of the league? I would go to them about it. Request that either your son or this child changes teams. If this is something your child really enjoys, I wouldn't let this child's behavior end his participation.

As far as explaining to him why he can't act up like this other kid, well this will surely not be the last time you end up dealing with another child whose behavior you don't want your child to emulate. Just tell him just because the other little boy does it does not mean it is ok, it is still unacceptable. And point out to him all the negative consequences that he is dealing with from this behavior that make it unacceptable.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2010