Why do the breast cancer awareness organizations not meantion breastfeeding???

It's one of the best ways to fight breast cancer- it reduces your risks of getting it by a lot - so why don't they go out there and get more moms to breastfeed for their own health as well as their kids??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because they do not want to offend mothers that choose to formula feed. More women choose to FF than BF in this nation today. By taking a pro-breastfeeding stance, they would be allienating a large group of women.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Exactly, that and just cause a woman BF her child doesn't mean she's not going to get Breast Cancer.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I couldn't imagine life as a mother without breastfeeding. I love it. God wouldn't have made our bodies this way if he didn't want us to do it. I don't get why some women are so againist it. It's just a boob! Get over it!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Because they don't have to. If someone is going to get it, they are. They can BF their kids till 10 if they want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• mandie, you get over it! If someone chooses to not BF doesn't mean they are against it. Worry about your boobs instead of others.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Well if everyone steps on eggshells around formula feeding mothers just so they won't get their feelings hurt, then it's not going to help anyone!!!
    There are ways to promote breastfeeding without saying "hey you formula feeding moms suck, you're ruining your own and your kids health" - I mean is it really offensive for a formula feeding mother to hear that breastfeeding is so wonderful that it can reduce both mother and baby's risks of getting cancer?!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Wow.
    Yeah lets all just stop mentioning breastfeeding, and it's benefits JUST incase a formula feeding mother gets her little feeling's hurt.
    THAT'll be a good idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• You know how many breastfed babies were being treated for the same type of cancer my son had?? I would say a vast majority of it. So quit making foolish statements. Breast Feeding isn't going to make a difference either way. If you BF and enjoy it, great that's truly wonderful, but if you don't, then that's great too.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Breastfeeding DOES reduce the risks of breast, cervical and uterine cancers. That is a fact. It is my opinion and many others that breastfeeding is wonderful. If you are hurt/offended by that then you have something seriously wrong with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• didnt mean to click annon~that was me
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2010