Where can I go for a really cheap vacation?

Thinking about going on one of those time-share presentations for the cheap get-away...and Lord knows I need the get-away!! I am in Virginia, and would like to go snorkeling, swimming, beach-type stuff. Any ideas are welcome!!

TINKFAIRYGIRL

Asked by TINKFAIRYGIRL at 10:16 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Travel

• don't fall for the timeshare thing. its not worth it. Yeah they give you a vacation but its usually somewhere far away at a resort and it doesnt include airfare. You have to sit through there long boring presentation. I actually got suckered into buying a timeshare. SUCKERED!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• how much money do you plan on spending for a vacation?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• $250-$300...
    TINKFAIRYGIRL

Answer by TINKFAIRYGIRL at 11:22 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• you live in VA, why don't you just take a nice weekend trip to the beach.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• I was thinking the same thing.. Go to VA Beach..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 12:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• If you like to camp, see if there are any campgrounds near or on the beach there. I have boys so they love the camping stuff. We have found the KOA campgrounds very nice and clean. They also have cute little cabins if you don't like or have tents. They get to camp and I get to enjoy the pool. They even have activites for the kids so you can relax. We stay at one in Pigeon Forge, Tn downtown, so we can enjoy all that and still save money. Plus having a campfire at the end of a long day and just enjoy the outdoors with the boys is great. I found this one in Virgina Beach, check it out. http://www.koa.com/where/va/46109/facilities/
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 3:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2010