Yeast infection after having a baby?

My daughter is 2 weeks old now and I think I have a yeast infection, i have never had one before so im not sure. I guess the real ? is, is if while wearing a pad I feel like im on fire down there! Is that a yeast infection or just normal and if it is can I just take meds for it or should I call my dr. first? I also had my daughter via c-sec. if that makes a diffrence. Any help would be great!

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Health

• It is pretty unlikely because everything gets flushed out by the postpartum discharge. Some itchiness and burning is normal as part of the healing process. Call your Dr before taking meds.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• If you had a dose of antibiotics during your c-section, there is a good chance it is yeast. I can't imagine what else it could be and the symptoms you describe sound like it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2010