princess and the frog

I bought my daughter an outfit with the princess and the frog on it. I guess you can say my little girl is 'white". Anyways she wore it the park the other day and I actually had a mother come up to me asking if I was nuts. of coarse i said excuse me and she told me that I should allow my child to wear that kind of an outfit that that show was meant for black little girls only. I wanted to slap her. I never heard such a thing. Does that mean the other prinicesses are meant for white girls only? I told her to mind her own business and focus more on her kids instead of butting into my business. My daughter loves that show and is the only princess show she'll actually watch. I even thought about having her birthday themed with it. Well my DH told his mother what happen and she pretty much said the same thing. Since when did curtain shows become only meant for certain children? Is what they are saying true? CONT>>>>>>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think that woman, and you Mother in law for that matter, are not the majority. Most people don't think that way. I think if your daughter loves this then it would make a great theme for her birthday party. Be a part of society that is moving forward to rid our culture of racial separatism. It is one thing to want to maintain the racial cultures but another to try and keep it away from anyone else. Black people should be happy to have white children celebrating a black princess the way that black girls have had to celebrate white princesses all these years.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Is that show only meant for blacks? Wouldnt that mean Dora is only meant for hispantics(SP)? Well i dont care what the truth is or others opnions my daughter likes it so I'm going to let her watch it and get what ever priness and te frog item she wants to have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• that mother is a moron, ignore her
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• The Mom who came up to you, was she black or white? I think the blacks were so excited to finally get a princess movie they feel like it is theirs and whites should not be wearing it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• OP HERE she was black
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Black or white, she sounds like a twit.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2010

• That is completely absurd. What about Pocahantis, Mulan, Jasmine, etc.? My daughter LOVES the princess and the frog, I also bought her a little shirt that she loves. That woman is an idiot, and instead of having Princess Tiana help rid the new generation of prejudice she's perpetuating it. Total ass.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• Discrimination is discrimination and it doesn't make any difference who it is pretending to be in favour of. That woman is a bigot.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• sounds fishy to me, but don't mind her she sounds loopy if you ask me. My Asian daughter(and yes I birthed her - my hubby is Asian) has the book and several Tiana t-shirts she'll be wearing in about 10 days when we're in Disney on vacation. Let your baby wear what the heck she wants to as long as it makes her happy and puts a smile on her face.

I swear people make you want to lose your religion behind some of the things they say.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2010

• People are nutty and shouldn't say that kind of thing. The fact that she's black explains a lot, they've been really crazy lately about everything. Or maybe it's always been that way but it's brought to light by a semi black president. I think that it was "made for black girls" but that doesn't mean that they're the only ones that are allowed to watch it. She's crazy don't listen to her, kids don't even realize they have a race until like middle school or high school so they like what they like. I was in walmart int he "black section" buying lightening cream. When I was pregnant I got the mask of pregnancy really bad so i use lightening cream. Well a black lady informed me that I wasn't supposed to be shopping in that section and that product wasn't for white people. I responded with, this was actually made for my exact application, but you people have decided to misuse it and claim it as your own. Ignore then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2010